All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to practice therapy in an existential way? What are the different existential approaches? What are their strengths and limitations? Focusing on practical, face-to-face work with clients, the book introduces students to six existential therapies, highlighting areas of commonality and difference, and discusses key figures and their contributions, including Yalom, van Deurzen, Spinelli, Frankl and Laing. It outlines the critical perspectives and key debates, and presents implications for practice, reflection and further reading. Fully updated to reflect current issues, this book w includes: * Sections presenting research evidence for each approach * An extended case study running through the book, demonstrating how different therapies might approach the same case * Chapter overviews, questions for reflection, and additional case studies of actual existential practice.
- Author BiographyMick Cooper is Professor of Counselling Psychology at the University of Roehampton and is a leading international authority in the fields of person-centred, experiential, existential and relational therapies. He is author and co-author of several SAGE books: the bestselling Working at Relational Depth in Counselling and Psychotherapy with Dave Mearns (2005), Existential Therapies (2003) and The Plural Self (1998). His new book with SAGE, Existential Psychotherapy and Counselling: Contributions to a Pluralistic Practice, published in 2015 accompanied by a companion website hosting bespoke video tutorials of key therapeutic skills.
- Author(s)Mick Cooper
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.