All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExistentialism and Christian Zen is a book written for readers without an in depth background in philosophy, especially existentialism. Written in the style of an in-depth essay, the book is both an examination of the interface between Christian meditation and Zen Buddhism and a practical dialogue between Christian existentialism and the practice of Zen. Father Bill McVey takes readers on a mindful existentialist tour of Christianity and Buddhism, respecting the uniqueness of each but finding the important ground they share. Readers receive the gift of insight as well as vital tools to help them through the inevitable anxiety in which life in the post-modern world marinates. Worldwide.
- Author BiographyFather McVey is an Episcopal priest, a Rector, who is well known for preaching, a radion program and lectures on Spirituality. BTh. University of Ottawa Canada, Master of Arts, Wifred Laurier University, Wateloo Ont (masters in sociology of religion). Ordained in the 60s as a Roman Catholic priest, and became an Episcopal priest in the 80s. He worked in the private sector for 25 years primarily in market research, and I taugh marketing in the MBA program at Webster University. I went into fulltime parish work ten years ago, and also do workshops on two main topics i.e. leadership and mystical metaphysics.
- Author(s)William A. McVey
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCircle Books
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.