Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- Est. delivery by 5 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA brilliant Rebus vel from the master of British crime. It's late autumn in Edinburgh and late autumn in the career of Detective Inspector Rebus. As he tries to tie up some loose ends before retirement, a murder case intrudes. A dissident Russian poet has been found dead in what looks like a mugging gone wrong. By apparent coincidence, a delegation of Russian businessmen is in town - and everyone is determined that the case should be closed quickly and clinically. But the further they dig, the more Rebus and DS Siobhan Clarke become convinced that they are dealing with something more than a random attack - especially after a particularly nasty second killing. Meanwhile, a brutal and premeditated assault on a local gangster sees Rebus in the frame. Has the Inspector taken a step too far in tying up those loose ends? Only a few days shy of the end to his long, inglorious career, will Rebus even make it that far?
- Author BiographyBorn in the Kingdom of Fife in 1960, Ian Rankin graduated from the University of Edinburgh in 1982, and then spent three years writing novels when he was supposed to be working towards a PhD in Scottish Literature. His first Rebus novel was published in 1987, and the Rebus books are now translated into thirty-six languages and are bestsellers worldwide.Ian Rankin has been elected a Hawthornden Fellow, and is also a past winner of the Chandler-Fulbright Award. He is the recipient of four Crime Writers' Association Dagger Awards including the prestigious Diamond Dagger in 2005. In 2004, Ian won America's celebrated Edgar Award for Resurrection Men. He has also been shortlisted for the Anthony Award in the USA, won Denmark's Palle Rosenkrantz Prize, the French Grand Prix du Roman Noir and the Deutscher Krimipreis. Ian Rankin is also the recipient of honorary degrees from the universities of Abertay, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Hull and the Open University.A contributor to BBC2's Newsnight Review, he also presented his own TV series, Ian Rankin's Evil Thoughts. Rankin is a number one bestseller in the UK and has received the OBE for services to literature, opting to receive the prize in his home city of Edinburgh, where he lives with his partner and two sons. www.ianrankin.net Twitter @Beathhigh
- PrizesShortlisted for British Book Awards: Books Direct Crime Thriller of the Year Award 2008.
- Author(s)Ian Rankin
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication19/04/2008
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Rebus Novel
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Weight330 g
- Width134 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.