All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNext generation sequencing techniques allow for more detailed analysis of exons and introns in multiple genes at the same time. This will reveal many mutations that potentially lead to exon skipping. To functionally test these a lot can be achieved with a limited set of protocols, while for the intentional induction of exon skipping different tools and target genes are involved and the translational path from in vitro splicing to in vivo tests in animal models requiring a more extensive set of protocols. Exon Skipping: Methods and Protocols provides scientist with a comprehensive guide to many of the methods and techniques used for exon skipping, such as methods on how to discriminate real polymorphisms from mutations that affect splicing. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and practical Exon Skipping: Methods and Protocols seeks to aid scientists in the continuing study of exon skipping.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number867
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note62 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, 15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1037 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byAnnemieke M. Aartsma-Rus
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.