All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExpanding Disciplinarity in Architectural Practice presents an argument for the role of an architect as a generalist with a particular ability to bring spatial intelligence to bear on the significant issues of planning, settlement, and identity. The book draws on strategy and planning, landscape, infrastructure, urbanism, historical conservation, and interpretation, architecture, and the creative reuse of existing structures to encourage you to incorporate a holistic approach to your designs. Tracing a series of projects developed by his practice 5th Studio, author Tom Holbrook argues the critical importance of involving spatial practitioners in large scale strategies and designs to combine interdisciplinary thinking and concrete experience of buildings. The book incorporates interviews with prominent figures in the field of architecture, eleven UK case studies, and over 200 beautiful illustrations including the author's own award-winning designs. With twenty years of evolving practical experience, together with associated research, teaching, and writing, Holbrook shows you how a participatory infrastructure creates a crucial bridge between strategic thinking and the reality of the built environment. This book is a must-read for professionals seeking to incorporate broader design strategy into their practice.
- Author BiographyTom Holbrook is co-founder of 5th Studio, a spatial design agency working across the fields of architecture, urban design, infrastructure and landscape. In combination with practice, he is Professor of Architecture and Industry Fellow at RMIT University, and directs the urban studies programme at the London School of Architecture.
- Author(s)Tom Holbrook
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- Series TitleDesign Research in Architecture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note221 black & white illustrations, 221 black & white halftones
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.