All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe first English publication to focus on Scandinavian Situationists and their role in the Situationist International's attempt to revolutionize the world through rejecting bourgeois art and critiquing the post-World War II capitalist consumer society. While the previous reception of the Situationist movement has almost exclusively focused on the contribution of the French section and in particular on the role of the Guy Debord, this book aims to shed light on the activities of the Situationists active outside of Paris in places like Denmark, Sweden and Holland. The book contains articles, conversations and statements by former members of the SI as well as contemporary artists, activists, scholars and writers. The themes and stories chronicled include: The anarchist undertakings of the Drakabygget movement led by the rebel artists Jorgen Nash, Hardy Strid and Jens Jorgen Thorsen, the exhibition by the Situationist International Destruction of RSG-6 in 1963 in Odense organized by the painter and Situationist J.V. Martin, the journal The Situationist Times edited by the painter Jacqueline de Jong, Asger Jorn's political critique of natural science and the films of the Drakabygget movement.
- Author(s)Jakob Jakobsen,Mikkel Bolt Rasmussen
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight590 g
- Width145 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.