Experience the California Coast: A Guide to Beaches and Parks in Northern California : Counties Included: Del Norte, Humboldt, Mendocino, Sonoma, Marin by California Coastal Commission (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $62.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe shoreline between California's Golden Gate and the Oregon border offers an endless variety of coastal attractions: soft white sand and coarse pebble beaches, forests of Sitka spruce and fields of California poppies, redwood glades and crashing surf, lighthouses and whales. This easy-to-use, up-to-date, comprehensive guidebook, packed with information on every page, tells you where to go in coastal rthern California, how to get there, what facilities to expect, and what you can do at each location. The guide's gorgeous color photographs, topographical maps, and abundant information on natural history and the environment make it the perfect guide to pack along on any excursion to the coast of rthern California for hikers, picnickers, campers, surfers, divers, wheelchair users, birders, boaters, kayakers, anglers, and travelers.It includes a comprehensive list of more than 300 beaches, parks on or near the coast, and paths to the shoreline. It features more than 300 full-color photographs, 49 detailed maps, and charts that provide information on facilities, attractions, coastal environments, access for the disabled, and more. It lists recreational outfitters, including fishing boat services, kayak and surfboard rentals, and riding stables. It gives information on hostels; campgrounds in national, state, and local parks; and private campground facilities. It introduces the coast's major environments, including beaches, rocky shoreline, and the redwood forest.
- Author BiographyMore than thirty years ago California voters approved an initiative that led to the creation of the California Coastal Commission. Later, the California Coastal Act of 1976 established the Commission as a permanent state agency with a mission to protect, maintain, and enhance the quality of the coastal environment. One of the Commission's principal goals is to maintain public access and public recreational opportunities along the coast in a way consistent with environmental preservation. Experience the California Coast: A Guide to Beaches and Parks in Northern California, created with these objectives in mind, will prove indispensable to anyone with a desire to explore the magnificent diversity of California's coast.
- Author(s)California Coastal Commission
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2005
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleExperience the California Coast
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note315 color illustrations, 9 b/w photographs, 1 line illustration, 47 maps
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.