All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an understanding of how the legal and cultural debates and advances and limitations on same-sex marriage are experienced by gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) people, same-sex couples, and their social networks. Using data collected from hundreds of GLBT people, same-sex couples, and their social networks over the past decade, the book examines the following topics: same-sex marriages' impact on how GLBT individuals view their relationships and community; same-sex couples' decision making regarding whether to marry or t; the interactions between same-sex couples and members of their families-of-origin regarding same-sex marriage; the same-sex marriage experiences of understudied members of the GLBT community; and the interactions between same-sex couples and members of their social networks in locations with restrictions against legally recognized same-sex marriage. These findings are examined through the lens of the social scientific study of relationships. They are based on a communication studies perspective on personal relationships, and therefore emphasize communication concepts and theories relevant to the understanding of same-sex marriage experiences.
- Author BiographyPamela J. Lannutti (PhD, University of Georgia) is Associate Professor and Graduate Director in the Department of Communication at La Salle University. Her work has been published in academic journals including Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, Journal of Homosexuality, Qualitative Health Research, and Human Communication Research.
- Author(s)Pamela J. Lannutti
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication20/01/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight320 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.