All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive, user friendly, and just plain fun, this book brings experiential activities to the service of enhancing emotional intelligence. Designed for counseling professionals working with children and young adults, the book's activities unite the joy of adventure-based games with training in emotional awareness, behavioral control, and relationship skills--crucial building blocks for personal success. Key Content: An introduction to the program and its foundation in experiential counseling, adventure-based group work, and theories of emotional intelligence Over 150 experiential activities, all time-tested and specifically designed to enhance skills in emotional intelligence A user-friendly format that lets readers quickly match games to participants, identify objectives, and find step-by-step guidance Multiple options for adapting activities and sequences to special-group needs A wealth of facilitator supports, including activity tools, worksheets, and strategies for engaging participants and debriefing activities Three sample curricula for running anger-management, depression-support, or leadership training groups Facilitators will find the activity sequences suitable for emotionally and behaviorally challenged youth as well as any participants seeking enhanced learning and personal growth. Filled with tried-and-true favorites and new approaches, the book offers everything from icebreakers and name games to low- and high-level initiatives and trust activities. Facilitators and participants are sure to find something that connects--and promotes fun!
- Author BiographyScott I. Goldsmith , M.S., LPC, is the school psychologist at Manchester Regional Academy, USA an alternative school for students with emotional and behavioral difficulties. He is also a licensed counselor, owner of the team-building and experiential training group Outside the Box Experiential, LLC, and the co-coordinator of the Manchester Ropes Challenge Course. Scott has created and facilitated adventure programs, trainings, and workshops for diverse groups of corporate, community, mental health, and educational organizations. Known for his passion, charisma, humor, and creativity, Scott's ability to quickly and effectively create community and help others elevate to a higher self has been experienced in numerous workshops at local, state, regional, and national conferences. A professional musician and a black belt in tae kwon do, Scott constantly seeks out physical and mental challenges that foster personal and professional growth for himself and others around him. Scott lives in Connecticut with his wife and three daughters.
- Author(s)Scott I. Goldsmith
- PublisherResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationIL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.