Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps you have felt 'gross' and 'yucky' over the last few days but you are t sure why. Initially, what the person had to say seemed encouraging and you felt great for the moment. However, after reflecting on the conversation, you once again feel that sense of unworthiness. You feel like what you offered in that conversation held value and old hurtful language greets you in the mirror. Maybe they are right, you mutter to yourself, trying t to believe a word of it. This book introduces the new language of Experiential Authority in order to explain that 'gross' and 'yucky' feeling. It explores the use of positional power and authority in relationships, unpacking the harm that comes through their misuse. The book explains that by giving language to this emotional experience, you can equalize the power differential in these situations. This creates the space for you to refuse the external identities forced upon you, which invite you to disregard your own experiences in the process. In the end, you are equipped to identify times and places where Experiential Authority has been used in your life, w minimized because you are able to give voice and language to your emotional experience, equalizing the power differential in those various relationships.
- Author BiographyMichael Towers was born in Enderby, British Columbia. Over the last forty years, Michael has moved over thirty times. In 2008, Michael, his wife, and their six children, changed directions, moving to Saskatchewan so Michael could finish his Master's degree in Marriage and Family Counseling. He currently is working as a Director for an inner-city mission located in Regina, Saskatchewan. This is his first book, which was a result of his research during his Master's degree.
- Author(s)MR Michael J M Towers Ma
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.