All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is for students who are embarking on a qualitative research project in psychology or a related discipline. While focusing mainly on undergraduate dissertations, this book will also be useful for postgraduate students. It takes you through planning a qualitative project, stage by stage, addressing key issues and concerns along the way. The focus throughout is on how to make your project excellent! Packed full of examples from student projects to help you to put theory into practice, the book guides you through: * designing your research * ethical considerations * collecting your data * analysing your data * writing your report or dissertation. In addition, the book will help you with time management and working with your supervisor, as well as providing guidance on how you can use your project as the basis for publication or further study.
- Author BiographyRoger E. Kirk received his Ph.D. in experimental psychology from the Ohio State University and did post doctoral study in mathematical psychology at the University of Michigan. He is a Distinguished Professor of Psychology and Statistics at Baylor University. He founded, and for 25 years, directed Baylor's Behavioral Statistics Ph.D. program and the Institute of Statistics, now the Department of Statistical Science. For the past 29 years he also has been the president of Research Consultants, a statistical consulting corporation. He has published extensively in the areas of statistics, psychoacoustics, and human engineering, and is the author of five statistics books. Experimental Design: Procedures for the Behavioral Sciences, his first book, was identified by the Institute for Scientific Information as one of the most frequently cited books in its field. Dr. Kirk is a fellow of the American Psychological Association (Divisions 1, 2, 5, 13, and 21), the Association for Psychological Science, and the American Educational Research Association. He is a past president of the Society for Applied Multivariate Research, Division 5 of the American Psychological Association, and the Southwestern Psychological Association. In recognition of his teaching effectiveness, he was named the Outstanding Tenured Teacher in the College of Arts and Sciences and designated a Master Teacher, Baylor University's highest teaching honor. He is the 2005 recipient of the Jacob Cohen Award for Distinguished Contributions to Teaching and Mentoring from the Division of Evaluation, Measurement, and Statistics of the American Psychological Association.
- Author(s)Roger E. Kirk
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/08/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1814 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.