All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExperimental Organic Chemistry: Laboratory Manual is designed as a primer to initiate students in Organic Chemistry laboratory work. Organic Chemistry is an eminently experimental science that is based on a well-established theoretical framework where the basic aspects are well established but at the same time are under constant development. Therefore, it is essential for future professionals to develop a strong background in the laboratory as soon as possible, forming good habits from the outset and developing the necessary skills to address the challenges of the experimental work. This book is divided into three parts. In the first, safety issues in laboratories are addressed, offering tips for keeping laboratory tebooks. In the second, the material, the main basic laboratory procedures, preparation of samples for different spectroscopic techniques, Microscale, Green Chemistry, and qualitative organic analysis are described. The third part consists of a collection of 84 experiments, divided into 5 modules and arranged according to complexity. The last two chapters are devoted to the practices at Microscale Synthesis and Green Chemistry, seeking alternatives to traditional Organic Chemistry.
- Author BiographyJoaquin Garcia Isac is an Associate Professor in the Department of Organic Chemistry at the University of Granada. Jose Antonio Jimenez Dobado received his PhD in Chemistry at the University of Granada in 1994. From 1995 to 1997, he was a postdoctoral fellow at Zurich University and Helsinki University. He joined the Department of Organic Chemistry at the University of Granada as a postdoctoral researcher from 1997 to 1998, Associate Professor from 1998 to 2002, and Profesor since 2003. In that period, he spent also several months at McMaster University and Helsinki University. His area of research is in computational Chemistry, and he directs the Molecular Modelling and Design research group financed (FQM-174) by the Andalusian Government. Francisco Garcia Calvo-Flores is a Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Granada. Henar Martinez Garcia is in the Department of Organic Chemistry in the School of Industrial Engineering at the University of Valladolid.
- Author(s)Francisco G. Calvo-Flores,Henar Martinez-Garcia,Joaquin Isac-Garcia,Jose A. Dobado
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1310 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.