All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUNDERSTANDING PSYCHOLOGY RESEARCH, 9e International Edition, takes an example-based approach to the fundamentals of research methodology. Organized by topic--such as research in human factors, learning, thinking, and problem solving--the text helps you connect the concepts of sound methodology with their practical applications. Because the authors use dozens of carefully selected real-world examples, you can see for yourself the issues and problems that can occur in conducting research. More importantly, you can develop a sense of how to anticipate and adjust for problems in your own research.
- Author BiographyDavid G. Elmes is Professor Emeritus of Psychology at Washington and Lee University, where he taught for forty years. He earned his B.A. with high honors from the University of Virginia and completed the M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in psychology there. Dr. Elmes was an adjunct professor at Hampden-Sydney College, a research associate for a year in the Human Performance Center of the University of Michigan, and a Visiting Fellow of University College at the University of Oxford. At Washington and Lee, he co-directed the Cognitive Science Program and chaired the Department of Psychology for ten years. Professor Elmes edited READINGS IN EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY and DIRECTORY OF RESEARCH IN PSYCHOLOGY AT PRIMARILY UNDERGRADUATE INSTITUTIONS, and is coauthor of RESEARCH METHODS IN PSYCHOLOGY (Cengage, 2012, with B. H. Kantowitz and H. L. Roediger III). Barry H. Kantowitz is Professor Emeritus of Psychology, Professor Emeritus of Industrial and Operational Engineering, and former Director of the Transportation Research Institute at the University of Michigan. Prior to that, he was Chief Scientist of the Human Factors Transportation Center of the Battelle Memorial Institute in Seattle. He received his Ph.D. in experimental psychology from the University of Wisconsin in 1969. He has written and edited more than two dozen books. His research on human attention, mental workload, reaction time, human-machine interaction, and transportation human factors has been supported by the Office of Education, the National Institute of Mental Health, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, NHTSA, and FHWA. Henry L. Roediger, III, is the James S. McDonnell University Professor of Psychology and Dean of Academic Planning in Arts and Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis, where he has taught since 1996. He received a B.A. in psychology from Washington and Lee University and a Ph.D. in cognitive psychology from Yale University. He has taught at Rice University, Purdue University, and the University of Toronto. His research interests lie in cognitive psychology, particularly in human learning and memory. Dr. Roediger has published more than 250 articles and chapters and has authored or edited 10 other books, including RESEARCH METHODS IN PSYCHOLOGY, 9th Edition (Cengage, 2012).
- Author(s)Barry H. Kantowitz,David Elmes,Henry L. Roediger
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication07/05/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight877 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 9th Revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.