All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEXPERIMENTS IN GENERAL CHEMISTRY: INQUIRY AND SKILL BUILDING, 2nd edition approaches the general chemistry lab experience with a combination of experiment styles: Skill Building, Guided Inquiry, and Open Inquiry, in order to maximize information and skills in the minimal amount of lab time. There are 28 experiments with Pre-Lab questions to help you prepare for the lab ahead of time, Post-Lab questions to reinforce the core concepts of the lab, and a useful appendix of Common Procedures and Concepts that provides quick access to basic laboratory information for when you need it. The entire manual is printed on perforated pages so that worksheets can be cleanly and easily removed.
- Author BiographyVickie Bentley-Williamson is a senior lecturer at Texas A&M University. She earned her Ph.D. in Chemical Education from the University of Oklahoma. Bentley-Williamson has earned numerous teaching awards, including the College of Science Teaching award in 2003. In addition to undergraduate general chemistry courses and labs, she teaches graduate-level chemical education courses. Bentley-Williamson has served as a Chemical Education Research Feature Editor for the JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL EDUCATION since 2002, and has been elected to the national ACS, Division of Chemical Education Research Committee for two consecutive terms (2000-2005). M. Larry Peck, Professor Emeritus at Texas A & M University, received his Ph.D. from Montana State University in 1971. He won the Chemical Manufacturers Association Catalyst Award in 2000, Texas A & M's Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement Award in Chemistry Teaching in 2002, and the Division of Chemical Education's Outstanding Service to the Division Award in 2007. Until his retirement in 2006, Dr. Peck taught science at all levels and directed programs designed to improve the teaching of physical science programs now known in Texas as integrated physics and chemistry. The resource materials developed in these workshops are being used as models for other state-funded teacher training programs.
- Author(s)Larry Peck,Vickie M. Williamson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.