Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionAnn Oakley came to widespread attention as part of the new school of British feminists to emerge in the 1960s, and has since earned a reputation as one of the most invative feminist thinkers and social scientists writing today. In Experiments in Kwing, a major new work, Oakley integrates her personal and professional thinking to examine the historical development of methodology in the social and natural sciences, demonstrating how both fields have been subject to a process of gendering. Oakley t only reconciles the long-standing opposition between the quantitative and the qualitative methods but shows that the experimental and intuitive approaches must be used in tandem to provide a full understanding of any subject of scientific inquiry.Written in accessible language, Experiments in Kwing addresses themes of common interest across such diverse fields as social policy, education, health, and women s studies. Certain to generate considerable debate, it is both a fascinating history of the practice of social science from a feminist perspective, as well as an argument for a new way of thinking about our ways of kwing.
- Author BiographyAnn Oakley is a professor of sociology at the University of London. Her previous books include Gender on Planet Earth and Experiments in Knowing (both published by The New Press), The Men s Room, The Captured Womb, Subject Women, Becoming a Mother, Woman s Work, The Sociology of Housework, and Sex, Gender and Society.
- Author(s)Professor Ann Oakley
- PublisherNew Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2000
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width164 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.