All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExpert Consolidation in Oracle Database 12c is your key to reducing data management costs and increasing data center efficiency. Consolidation and cloud computing are converging trends sweeping the industry. The same techlogies enabling cloud computing enable consolidation as well, leading to savings on all fronts from the amount of power used for servers to the amount of floor space consumed to the number of administrators needed to manage an installation. Yet the consolidation process can be a long and winding road. Success requires planning, and consideration to the impacts on supporting infrastructure. Expert Consolidation in Oracle Database 12c guides you through planning and implementing a consolidated Oracle Database installation using the many new features built into the latest release of Oracle's database management system. You'll learn to identify candidates for consolidation and to recognize instances that are best left stand-alone. The book guides in working with clustered systems and ASM storage in the consolidated environment. Focus is given to Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control as a monitoring and management dashboard. Always the goal is to drive towards a cost-effective environment that is efficient both in techlogy and people. * Focuses on the new consolidation features in Oracle Database 12c * Helps you evaluate and correctly decide when to consolidate * Leads to cost savings and improved data center efficiency What you'll learn * Master the new consolidation and cloud features in Oracle Database 12c * Correctly decide when to consolidate and when to remain standalone * Reduce cost by reducing demand for rack space, power, and floor space * Streamline administration with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control * Ensure the correct supporting infrastructure for a rock-solid environment * Safeguard your new consolidate infrastructure from disaster and data loss Who this book is for Expert Consolidation in Oracle Database 12c is aimed at database administrators involved in consolidation efforts, or who are interested in exploring Oracle Database 12c's strong support for consolidation and cloud computing.
- Author BiographyMartin Bach started working with Oracle in 2001. His main interests are high availability and disaster recovery solutions for mission critical 24 7 systems, in which he possesses a wealth of experience. Martin has also spent many years exploring the benefits of virtualisation technologies for Oracle products, mainly by using VMWare ESX Server and Oracle VM. Martin is a proud member of the Oracle Certified Master community, having successfully passed the exam for Database 10g Release 2 in December 2008. He has contributed to various Oracle user group publications and runs a successful web log. Martin likes to share his knowledge with the Oracle user community in form of presentations, such as at U.K. Oracle User Group events. Martin has a degree in business and computer science from the University of Applied Sciences in Trier, Germany.
- Author(s)Martin Bach
- Date of Publication20/11/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.