All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new anthology focuses on the what-ifs of the end-dates that surround us, and how they impact our lives and our world, and ourselves. Modern lives seem littered with expiration dates says anthology editor Nancy Kilpatrick. Packaging tells us when our food will go bad; when we can expect appliances to cease functioning; when contracts for the internet finish! But as anying as these small expiration dates are, they fade to thing compared to the larger events: when a species goes extinct; when a body of water evaporates, or dies because the PH balance alters; when giant icebergs break apart and glaciers melt forever, threatening the ecosystem of this planet. Kilpatrick reminds us From the micro to the macro in terms of expirations, we are faced with the one termination with which we are all too familiar -- the up-close-and-personal end of life for each of us and for the ones we love. It's the personal that terrifies us most because it feels the most real. Expiration Date features 25 original pieces of short fiction by some of the world's top Dark Fiction writers. Arranged in three sections, the table of contents include:
- Negotiating Oblivion
- Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word -- Kelley ArmstrongBanshee -- Daniel Sernine (translation by Sheryl Curtis)Riding Shotgun -- Elaine PascaleThe Twenty Seven Club -- J. M. FreyTrinity Death -- Steve VernWhat I Said to Richie was? -- Ken GoldmanTo Dance, Perchance to Die -- David McDonaldDeath Doll -- Lois H. Gresh
- The Long Wait -- R. B. PayneThat Brightness -- Mary E. ChooNight Market -- Steve Rasnic Tem and Melanie TemSooner -- Morgan DambergsThe Great Inevitable -- Patricia FlewwellingIn a Moment -- Christine SteendamDeath Drives a Cordoba -- Ryan McFaddenPrison Break -- Tobin ElliottThis Strange Way of Dying -- Silvia More-GarciaThe Deaths of Jeremiah Colverson -- George Wilhite
- The Shadow of Death -- Paul KaneAn Inspector Calls -- Rebecca BradleyWhat Would Lizzie Do? -- Sephera GironAshes to Ashes -- Amy GrechThe Greyness -- Kathryn Ptacekthings in jars -- Judith & Garfield Reeves-StevensRight of Survivorship -- Nancy Holder and Erin Underwood
- Author BiographyAward-winning author Nancy Kilpatrick has published eighteen novels, over one hundred and ninety short stories, five collections of stories, and has edited nine other anthologies. Much of her body of work involves vampires. Nancy writes dark fantasy, horror, mysteries and erotic horror, under her own name, her nom de plume Amarantha Knight, and her newest pen name Desiree Knight (Amarantha's younger sister!) Besides writing novels and short stories, and editing anthologies, she has scripted four issues of VampErotic comics. As well, she's penned radio scripts, a stage-play, and the non-fiction book The Goth Bible: A Compendium for the Darkly. Nancy won the Arthur Ellis Award for best mystery story, is a three times Bram Stoker finalist and a five times finalist for the Aurora Award.
- Author(s)Nancy Kilpatrick
- PublisherEDGE Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication17/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEDGE Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing, Inc.
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.