Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.95+ AU $3.80 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by tinkerbooks18
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEndometriosis is a painful and debilitating disease that is w believed to affect as many as 1 in 10 women through their menstruating years. Some women may find that endometriosis has little effect on their daily lives, but for others it can be devastating. Simply getting diagsed can be frustrating for many women, especially teenagers and younger women, as endometriosis can present a bewildering array of symptoms, including:..* severe period pain..* painful intercourse..* pelvic pain..* ovulation pain..* heavy bleeding..* lower back pain..* bowel or bladder symptoms..In this new edition of their authoritative guide, Ros Wood and Lorraine Henderson offer comprehensive yet easy-to-understand advice that will enable women with endometriosis to understand this complex disease. They provide up-to-date information, clearly laid out to enable women to make informed choices about their treatment and lifestyle...Each chapter deals with a separate issue of concern for women with endometriosis:..* What is endometriosis?..* Getting diagsed..* What medical, surgical or complementary therapies are available to me?..* How can I manage my pain?..* How do I build a relationship with my doctor?..* Teenagers and endometriosis..* Coping strategies: for me, my partner, my family and friends..Ros and Lorraine both have extensive kwledge of endometriosis. They co-founded the first endometriosis support group in Australia in 1984 and were co-authors of the first edition of Explaining Endometriosis.
- Author BiographyLorraine Henderson is a registered nurse and has suffered from endometriosis. She co-founded the first endometriosis support group in 1984 and since then has given information and support to thousands of women. In 1992 she was awarded the Member of the Order of Australia for 'service to women's health, especially endometriosis'...Ros Wood co-founded the Endometriosis Association (Victoria) in 1984 and has been a key member since. She writes information articles and leaflets for the Association and has supervised or conducted several research projects on the diagnosis of endometriosis and the experiences of women with the disease.
- Author(s)Lorraine Henderson,Ros Wood
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Noteglossary, index
- Weight320 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.32Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.