All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on the changing terrain of ethnic disadvantage in Britain, drawing on up-to-date sources. It goes further than texts that merely describe ethnic inequalities to explore and explain their dynamic nature. It suggests that the increasing diversity of experience among different ethnic groups is a key to understanding continuing and emerging tensions and conflicts. Explaining ethnic differences: provides up to date data and analysis of ethnic diversity and changing patterns of disadvantage in Britain; * covers key areas of social life, including demographic trends, education, employment, housing, health, gender, and policing and community disorder; * is written by leading experts in the field; * addresses issues of urgent public importance in the context of recent community disorder and the resurgence of the far right. * The book is essential reading for policy makers in central and local government; academics, postgraduate students and advanced undergraduates in the social sciences; social work, health, education and housing professionals; and criminal justice personnel.
- Author BiographyDavid Mason is Professor of Sociology and Head of the School of Sociology, Politics and Law at the University of Plymouth.
- Author(s)David Mason
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication23/07/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Notefigs.
- Weight307 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.