All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionInequalities in incomes and wealth have increased in advanced countries, making our ecomies less dynamic, our societies more unjust and our political processes less democratic. As a result, reducing inequalities is w a major ecomic, social and political challenge. This book provides a concise yet comprehensive overview of the ecomics of inequality. Until recently ecomic inequality has been the object of limited research efforts, attracting only modest attention in the political arena; despite important advances in the kwledge of its dimensions, a convincing understanding of the mechanisms at its roots is still lacking. This book summarizes the topic and provides an interpretation of the mechanisms responsible for increased disparities. Building on this analysis the book argues for an integrated set of policies addressing the roots of inequalities in incomes and wealth Explaining Inequality will be of interest to students, researchers and practitioners concerned with inequality, ecomic and public policy and political ecomy.
- Author BiographyMaurizio Franzini is Full Professor of Economic Policy, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy. Mario Pianta is Full Professor of Economic Policy, University of Urbino, Italy.
- Author(s)Mario Pianta,Maurizio Franzini
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.