Explorations of Mathematical Models in Biology with Maple by Mazen Shahin (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $203.90+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $168.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionExplore and analyze the solutions of mathematical models from diverse disciplines As biology increasingly depends on data, algorithms, and models, it has become necessary to use a computing language, such as the user-friendly MapleTM, to focus more on building and analyzing models as opposed to configuring tedious calculations. Explorations of Mathematical Models in Biology with Maple provides an introduction to model creation using Maple, followed by the translation, analysis, interpretation, and observation of the models. With an integrated and interdisciplinary approach that embeds mathematical modeling into biological applications, the book illustrates numerous applications of mathematical techniques within biology, ecology, and environmental sciences. Featuring a quantitative, computational, and mathematical approach, the book includes: * Examples of real-world applications, such as population dynamics, genetics, drug administration, interacting species, and the spread of contagious diseases, to showcase the relevancy and wide applicability of abstract mathematical techniques * Discussion of various mathematical concepts, such as Markov chains, matrix algebra, eigenvalues, eigenvectors, first-order linear difference equations, and nlinear first-order difference equations * Coverage of difference equations to model a wide range of real-life discrete time situations in diverse areas as well as discussions on matrices to model linear problems * Solutions to selected exercises and additional Maple codes Explorations of Mathematical Models in Biology with Maple is an ideal textbook for undergraduate courses in mathematical models in biology, theoretical ecology, bioecomics, forensic science, applied mathematics, and environmental science. The book is also an excellent reference for biologists, ecologists, mathematicians, biomathematicians, and environmental and resource ecomists.
- Author BiographyMAZEN SHAHIN, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Delaware State University. He has extensive background and experience in designing interdisciplinary instructional materials that integrate mathematics and other disciplines, such as biology, ecology, and finance. Dr. Shahin s research interests include boundary value problems, dynamical systems, impulsive differential equations, and mathematics education. Dr. Shahin is the author of Explorations of Mathematical Models in Biology with MATLAB(R), also published by Wiley.
- Author(s)Mazen Shahin
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight628 g
- Width157 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.