All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Explore Money! With 25 Great Projects, money is more than something to earn, save, and spend. It's an opportunity to explore history, art, science, ecomics, and math! While checking out the change in their pockets and bills from their banks, young readers search for hidden treasures, learn how money can multiply, and see how countries keep their currency secure. Very large and very small numbers take on a new relevance when seen through the lens of money. Using familiar materials found in the home or classroom, young readers explore the cultural aspect of money as well as its physical properties, discovering how these properties have affected business and global relationships throughout history. Kids experiment with various substances to clean coins, scientifically test coin components, design their own currency, and plan how to allocate their own money. Understanding the whats, whys, and hows of currency helps children achieve financial literacy and establish a strong foundation for a healthy, life-long relationship with money. Explore Money! meets Common Core State Standards for literacy in language arts, and mathematics; Guided Reading Levels and Lexile measurements indicate grade level and text complexity.
- Author BiographyCindy Blobaum is an educator and naturalist who has written several books for children, including Explore Night Science! and Explore Gravity! for Nomad Press. She lives in Des Moines, Iowa with her family. Bryan Stone is a cartoonist and the illustrator of several books for Nomad Press including Explore Night Science!, Explore Flight!, Explore Rivers and Ponds!, Explore Rocks and Minerals!, and Explore Electricity!. He lives in Hartland, Vermont.
- Author(s)Cindy Blobaum
- PublisherNomad Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleExplore Your World
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomad Press
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout, charts throughout, tables throughout
- Weight399 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bryan Stone
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.