All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are interested in birdwatching, wildlife viewing, orstargazing; flowers, geology, or water; nature centers, festivals, orphotography, a destination in Texas awaits you. From the desert gardens of Big Bend to hawk watching on theGulf Coast to caving and bat watching in the Hill Country, natureoriented travel in Texas also includes lesser kwn getaways, suchas a photo ranch, rare plant preserve, and bluebird trail. Organized by the seven official state travel regions, Explore Texas features descriptions of almost one hundred nature-orientedsites, including information about the best time to visit andwhy it's worth going; location, fees, and other logistics; and a learn section on the observations and natural phemena avisitor might expect to experience. Photographs by professionalphotographer Jeff Parker accompany the accounts, and handycolor-coded icons help guide readers to the activities of theirchoice. Perfect for planning the family's next outing or vacation, this book also contains a message of how nature tourism helps to protect biodiversity, promote conservation, and sustain the state's tourism ecomy.
- Author BiographyMary O. Parker is a freelance writer and educator whose work regularly appears in Texas Parks and Wildlife magazine. She is a consultant for Watchable Wildlife, Inc. and lives in Smithville USA.
- Author(s)Mary O. Parker
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note241 colour photographs, 7 maps
- Weight771 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.