All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung readers become scientists in the field when this activity book sends them off to answer the question Why do we have winter? with experiments and projects that mix real science with real fun. Combining hands-on learning with trivia, jokes, riddles, and terrific illustrations, chapters start with the tools of science--the scientific method and how to keep a science journal--and then investigate the winter constellations, long nights and long shadows, animal tracking in sw, and food-gathering behavior in birds.
- Author BiographyLauri Berkenkamp: Author of six books for kids. Writing under the pen name Maxine Anderson she has written Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions You Can Build Yourself, which was excerpted in the New York Times Book Review and Christian Science Monitor, chosen as the #7 BookSense Children's Pick for Summer 2006. Alexis Frederick-Frost: Alexis Frederick-Frost is an award winning cartoonist and illustrator who lives with his wife in New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Maxine K. Anderson
- PublisherNomad Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleExplore Your World
- Place of PublicationWhite River Junction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomad Press
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight249 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alexis Frederick-Frost
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $35.75Trending at AU $44.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.