All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $54.54
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.56
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis lively guide-the definitive comprehensive travel guide devoted entirely to Iowa-highlights the events, attractions, lodgings, restaurants, history, and culture that make the Hawkeye State great. Iowans have always kwn how wonderful their state is; w everyone else can experience the best that this under-appreciated gem has to offer. From railroads and the state fair to art museums and wineries; from cycling to golf to spelunking, Iowa won't fail to surprise and delight travelers. If you like spending your vacations away from crowds or exploring beautiful, perfect natural landscapes, Iowa might be just what you're looking for. Author Lauren Rice traveled throughout her home state to find the best it has to offer. Everywhere she went she learned something new-a fascinating bit of local history, a little restaurant serving great homemade food, some terrific tucked-away place to visit-and there are countless other treasures just waiting to be discovered. As with all Explorer's Guides, handy icons point out places of extra value, kid-friendly sites and activities, and lodgings that accept pets. Detailed maps and an alphabetical What's Where section help you plan your trip. With this book in hand, travelers will get off the beaten path and into the heart of an authentic, unspoiled place.
- Author BiographyLauren R. Rice is a writer, teacher, and traveler with an eye for the strange and an addiction to the open road. When she is not exploring her home state, she teaches writing and sells backpacks and tents. She makes her home in Des Moines, IA.
- Author(s)Lauren R. Rice
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication28/07/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleExplorer's Complete
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Note100 black-and-white photographs and maps
- Weight670 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.