About this product
- DescriptionNew Mexico author Sharon Niederman has been traveling, writing about, and photographing her home state for over two decades. In this second revised and updated edition of Explorer's Guide New Mexico, she brings home the best of New Mexico's cuisine, lodging, and natural environment. With this comprehensive guide, you can explore spectacular, breathtaking hikes and drives; discover treasures created by local artists; find festivals that celebrate native traditions; get indispensable advice on local attractions; and meet the people who will make your visit to the Land of Enchantment the experience of a lifetime. As with all Explorer's Guides, handy icons point out places of extra value, family-friendly establishments, wheelchair access, and lodgings that accept pets. An introductory section provides an outstanding overview of facts and figures, recreational opportunities, scenic byways, monuments, and historic timelines.
- Author BiographySharon Niederman is an award-winning Southwestern author and photographer living in northern New Mexico. She specializes in cuisine, travel, history, women's history, and spirituality. Her 2012 book, Signs & Shrines, received the prestigious Lowell Thomas Travel Writing Award and the Society of American Travel Writers Gold Award. She has twice received the Border Regional Library Association Southwest Book Award for literary excellence and enrichment of the cultural heritage of the Southwest. Her articles have appeared in Sunset, New York Times, Boston Globe, Christian Science Monitor, Albuquerque Journal, Santa Fe New Mexican, Denver Post, and many other publications. She serves on the board of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum and is past president of New Mexico Press Women and the New Mexico Jewish Historical Society.
- Author(s)Sharon Niederman
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleExplorer's Complete
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Note100+ B&W Photos throughout
- Weight540 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $19.50Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $32.95Trending at AU $41.06
- AU $8.69Trending at AU $14.79
- AU $18.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $30.48Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $18.94Trending at AU $20.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.