All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.72
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.62
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.01
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.84
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $30.01
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $24.03
About this product
- DescriptionIf you think Oregon is the land of eternal rain, think again. It's a place of wide-open spaces, with just 3.6 million inhabitants in nearly 100,000 square miles. It's a land that contains at least seven ecosystems-from the damp territory west of the Cascades to the high deserts of the Great Basin, from towering volcanic peaks, to the mighty Columbia River estuary. With lots of elbow room and a relaxed atmosphere, Oregon offers something fro everyone: wilderness and wine country, the rich heritage o many Native American peoples, a colorful and quirky cultural sense, and a history of westward expansion. Explorer's Guide Oregon gives you all the tools and information you need to explore this great state, with lodgings for all budgets and preferences, dining options for every taste, and activities of all kinds. No matter what you're looking for, you're sure to find it in the Beaver State and in the pages of this comprehensive guidebook. Here eleven National Forests cover 17.5 million acres; there's a long list of designated Wild and Scenic Rivers; and 22 national wildlife refuges and 22 state refuges protect all sorts of habitats and species, from sea lions to butterflies. If you want the insider's take on this stunning part of the American West and a strong grounding in history and nature, look further: Longtime Oregon resident and writer Denise Fainberg shares the best places to hike, bike, climb, bird-watch, raft. dine, museum-hop, and more. Her exhaustive research will help you find yourself amid pristine rivers, rain forests, glaciers, and hot springs; relish fine local wines and beers and the fresh, invative cuisine of the Pacific Northwest; and enjoy artsy and educational pursuits in funky and friendly cities. Oregon is truly a great destination. New color highlights make it easier to find the info you need: activities jump off the page; find lodging, dining-and more-town by town at a glance; helpful hints such as community information and local guidance are easier than ever to see; highlights stand out. Includes: getting there, getting around, what to see, what to do, green space, family activities, where to stay, where to eat, entertainment, selective shopping, special events, and more!
- Author BiographyDenise Fainberg has called Oregon home for over two decades. The author of Explorer's Guide Washington and Explorer's Guide Oregon, her articles have appeared in the New York Times and elsewhere.
- Author(s)Denise Fainberg
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication09/07/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleExplorer's Complete
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content NoteColor highlights throughout, 100 black-and-white photographs
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.