All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do Christopher Columbus, Ferdinand Magellan, and Bartolomeu Dias have in common? They were all explorers who got lost!During the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, almost every explorer who sailed beyond the horizon in search of new lands thought they knew where they were going. In fact, most got terribly lost and stumbled onto places unkwn. Their discoveries may have been unintentional, but they changed the course of human history.Fast-paced and exciting, Explorers Who Got Lost provides detailed information about the most influential explorers of the Age of Discovery: Bartolomeu Dias, Vasco Da Gama, Christopher Columbus, John Cabot, Ferdinand Magellan, Giovanni Da Verraza, Jacques Cartier, and Henry Hudson. This lively and accessible resource has dozens of charming illustrations, including portraits of the explorers, maps, routes, and diagrams of ships and navigational equipment. It also includes a reading and activity guide! Explorers Who Got Lost is a captivating and informative read for anyone interested in the Age of Discovery.
- Author BiographyDIANE SANSEVERE-DREHER is the author of three juvenile biographies in the Changing Our World series (Bantam Books): Barbara Bush, Benazir Bhutto, and Stephen Biko. She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and four children.
- Author(s)Diane Sansevere-Dreher
- PublisherStarscape Books
- Date of Publication09/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStarscape Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width175 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ed Renfro
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.