All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is the beginning of the century, and two teams of explorers are racing across a cold, windswept, deserted land to reach the furthest point from civilisation. It is, they find, 'an awfully long way'. Johns and his men take the western route, along a rocky scree, gossiping, bickering and grumbling as they go. Meanwhile, Tostig's men make their way along the dry riverbed in the east - they are fewer, with just five men and ten mules, and better organised than their rivals. But with Johns' team keeping apace in the distance, the race is on to reach the Agreed Furthest Point ...
- Author BiographyMagnus Mills is the author of two books of short stories, Once in a Blue Moon and Only When the Sun Shines Brightly, as well as four previous novels: The Scheme for Full Employment, Three to See the King, All Quiet on the Orient Express and The Restraint of Beasts, which won the McKitterick Prize and was shortlisted for both the Booker Prize and the Whitbread First Novel Award. His work has been translated into twenty languages. Magnus Mills lives in London.
- Author(s)Magnus Mills
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/09/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight137 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementRe-issue
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.