About this product
- DescriptionExplorers of the New World: Discover the Golden Age of Exploration offers a fascinating look at the explorers and their voyages during the Age of Exploration and Discovery. Readers ages 9--12 can delve into the expeditions of Vasco da Gama, Christopher Columbus, Ferdinand Magellan, John Cabot, Hernan Cortes, and more. Using common household items and minimal supervision, kids enjoy 22 hands-on activities to help them learn about these legendary explorers and their voyages. Discover how the adventures of a few people 500 years ago changed world history. Projects include creating and using a compass, learning to tie a sailor's kt, and baking and eating sea biscuits. Along with detailed, step-by-step instructions for each project, Explorers of the New World includes biographical sidebars, engaging illustrations, interesting facts, and vocabulary words that allow kids to experience this era in a fun, interactive way.
- Author BiographyCarla Mooney is the author of several books for young readers including Forensics: Uncover the Science and Technology of Crime Scene Investigation, The Industrial Revolution: Investigate How Science and Technology Changed the World and Explore Rivers and Ponds! With 25 Projects. Her work has appeared in many magazines including Highlights, Faces, and Learning Through History. Tom Casteel is an illustrator and cartoonist with a master's degree from the Center for Cartoon Studies. Tom has illustrated several books for Nomad Press, including Natural Disasters: Investigate Earth's Most Destructive Forces with 25 Projects. He is working on his first graphic novel.
- Author(s)Carla Mooney
- PublisherNomad Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleBuild it Yourself
- Place of PublicationWhite River Junction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomad Press
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight324 g
- Width255 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tom Casteel
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.