All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring C++ divides C++ up into bite-sized chunks that will help you learn the language one step at a time. Assuming familiarity with C++, or any other C-based language, you'll be taught everything you need to kw in a logical progression of small lessons that you can work through as quickly or as slowly as you need. C++ can be a complicated language. Writing even the most straight-forward of programs requires you to understand many disparate aspects of the language and how they interact with one ather. C++ doesn't lend itself to neat compartmentalization the way other languages do. Rather than baffle you with complex chapters explaining functions, classes and statements in isolation we'll focus on teaching you how to achieve results. By learning a little bit of this and a little of that you'll soon have amassed eugh kwledge to be writing n-trivial programs and will have built a solid foundation of experience that puts those previously baffling concepts into context. In this fully-revised second edition of Exploring C++, you'll learn how to use the standard library early in the book. Next, you'll learn to work with operators, objects and data-sources in increasingly realistic situations. Finally, you'll start putting the pieces together to create sophisticated programs of your own design confident that you've built a firm base of experience from which to grow.
- Author BiographyRay Lischner has a bachelor's degree in computer science from Caltech and a master's in computer science from Oregon State University. He worked as a software developer for a dozen years, at big and small companies across the U.S., using PL/I, C, C++, Delphi, Smalltalk, and various assembly languages on both large and small systems. He has been self-employed as a consultant, trainer, and author for the last 10 years. Ray taught computer science at Oregon State University for several years and specialized in teaching introductory computer programming. He taught courses in C and C++ and software engineering.
- Author(s)Ray Lischner
- Date of Publication17/12/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1221 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.