All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow should we understand children's creativity? This fascinating collection of international research offers fresh perspectives on children's creative processes and the expression of their creative imagination through dramatic play, stories, artwork, dance, music and conversation. Drawing on a range of research evidence from invative educational initiatives in a wide variety of countries, Exploring Children's Creative Narratives develops new theoretical and practical insights that challenge traditional thinking about children's creativity. The chapters, written by well-respected international contributors: * offer new conceptual and interpretive frameworks for understanding children's creativity * contest conventional discourses about the origins and nature of creativity * challenge the view that young children's creativity can only be judged in terms of their creative output * explore the significance children themselves attribute to their creative activity * argue the need for a radical reappraisal of the influence of the sociocultural context on children's creative expression * discuss the implications of this research in relation to teacher education and curriculum design. This broad yet coherent compilation of research on creativity in childhood is essential reading for students, researchers and policy makers in early childhood as well as for Early Years professionals with a particular interest in creativity.
- Author BiographyDorothy Faulkner is a member of the Centre for Childhood, Development and Learning and Director of the Psychology undergraduate honours degree at the Open University, UK. Elizabeth Coates is Director of the Early Childhood Studies undergraduate degrees programme at the Institute of Education, University of Warwick, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note32 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 15 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byDorothy Faulkner,Elizabeth Coates
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.