All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPolicy reforms to children's services in the UK and elsewhere encourage a greater focus on outcomes defined in terms of child well-being. Yet for this to happen, we need t only a better understanding of what child well-being is and how services can improve it, but also the ability to measure child well-being in order to evaluate success. This book investigates the main approaches to conceptualising child well-being, applies them to the child population using household survey and agency audit data, then considers the implications for children's services.The author: provides a clear conceptual understanding of five definitions of well-being: need, rights, poverty, quality of life and social exclusion; demonstrates the value of each perspective; charts levels of child well-being in an inner-London community, including violated rights and social exclusion; sets out the features that children's services must have if they are to improve child well-being defined in these terms. This book should be read by everyone involved in developing, implementing and evaluating children's services, including researchers, policy makers and practitioners.
- Author BiographyNick Axford is a Researcher at Dartington Social Research Unit, UK. He has extensive experience of measuring child well-being in service and community contexts and using the results to design new services.
- Author(s)Nick Axford
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleStudies in Poverty, Inequality and Social Exclusion Series
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $32.54Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $11.32Trending at AU $14.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.