Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1912 the city of Denver has owned parks in the mountains west of the city limits. Today there are 22 developed parks and 24 conservation parks comprising 14,141 acres in the Denver Mountain Parks system. From Genesee to Red Rocks to Echo Lake, parks large and small have invited urban visitors seeking relaxation in the mountains for over a century. Most visitors don't even realize these parks belong to Denver, but without these parks, many scenic mountain ridges would be covered with subdivisions today. Author Mike Butler has explored all 22 developed parks and created this guide to help visitors find the parks and enjoy the historic features of each park. With location maps and lists of activities provided for each park, travelers will want to carry this handy guide along with them on trips to Denver Mountain Parks.
- Author BiographyMike Butler retired as Manager for the Denver Parks administration office, where he worked with Denver city and mountain parks superintendents. A graduate of the University of Nebraska, he was trained in history, geography, and education. He is the author of Around The Spanish Peaks (Arcadia Publishing, 2012), and Great Sand Dunes National Park (Arcadia Publishing, 2013). He traveled to all 22 developed Denver Mountain Parks to research this book. He currently lives in Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
- Author(s)Mike Butler
- PublisherOpen Range Publishing
- Date of Publication10/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Range Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.