All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionKaren Calhoun's landmark textbook on digital libraries for students of LIS globally. This is an authoritative and in-depth treatment of the digital library arena that focuses on the functional and strategic, providing an unsurpassed overview of what's happening w and what will happen in the future. It is unique in drawing together the author's original applied research and experience serving digital libraries, a review and analysis of key readings and existing digital library literature and the results of recent interviews with key educators, researchers and implementers in the digital library arena to produce a book that is both thought-provoking and practical. The table of contents is as follows: introduction to digital libraries digital library users developing and managing services for digital library users the collections of digital libraries organizing access to digital library collections metadata, standards, interoperability legal, ecomic and human factors The essential textbook for LIS students, educators and researchers getting to grips with digital libraries. It's also invaluable for library and information professionals getting started with digital projects, preparing training and workshops and those who want a primer for professional development.
- Author BiographyKaren Calhoun B.A., M.S., M.B.A. is an internationally respected librarian and change leader who is currently at the University of Pittsburgh helping to develop community-centred services. She is an active researcher, writer, speaker and consultant on digital libraries and related disciplines and has just completed a celebrated tenure at OCLC.
- Author(s)Karen Calhoun
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication23/01/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.