All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis engaging guide book paints a comprehensive picture of Essex; bringing the reader on an exploratory journey from Brightlingsea to Wivenhoe whilst uncovering the secrets and history this fine county has to offer. The prime glory of Essex has to be its marvellous maritime heritage. As its rivers were the major routes for early exploration and trade, most of the towns and villages grew up along their banks. This book follows all of the major rivers from their sources to the sea. From the Colne Valley to golden Saffron Walden, the book features historic castles, great abbeys, stately homes, windmills, churches, by-ways and oysters. Serving as both an inspiring guide and a lasting souvenir, this book is richly illustrated with the author's photographs, bringing historical Essex to life.
- Author BiographyROBERT LEADER is the author of fifty-five novels. He has had articles published in The Lady, Best of British, Heritage and Countryside, and has a regular monthly feature in Norfolk/Suffolk Life.
- Author(s)Robert Leader
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight350 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.