All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe Apostle Paul wrote his first letter to the Christians in Corinth after receiving news of problems within the church there. He had previously ministered in the city for nearly two years and therefore knew the people intimately. We tend to imagine that people who lived two thousand years ago were somehow different from us. They seem distant, imaginary, vapid. Yet human nature has t changed with the passage of time. Customs have changed, fashions have changed, daily living experiences have undergone radical transformations, but the human psyche today is different from what it was in the time of the Apostle Paul. Hope, fear, lust, desire, love, hate, spirituality and sin are all identical to those affecting society in the first century. Paul''s first letter to the Corinthians was written to real people with real problems. He wrote against the backdrop of first century Grecian life and therefore the actual circumstances he addressed may t apply to us in our twenty-first century western sophistication. However, behind the details lie the same old problems, just as up-to-date as they were when the letter was written. The teaching of 1 Corinthians is very practical and extremely powerful. It deals with subjects that are at the root of many problems in both the church and personal experience today. This book covers every verse of the letter and attempts to explain, in easy to understand language, its deep themes and significance. It is a devotional commentary, in the sense that its purpose is to apply the spiritual principles contained in the letter to the Christian''s daily life.
- Author(s)Ashley Day
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.