All listings for this product
About this product
- Description(Schott). Volume 1 introduces the intermediate pianist to the basic chord-types used in jazz, from major and mir triads to seventh and ninth chords. Other topics include: Chord/scale relationships, modes, broken chord and scale patterns, pentatonic and blues scales, walking bass lines, Latin rhythms and bass lines, the diatonic cycle, secondary dominants, II V I sequences, horizontal and vertical improvisation, tritone substitution, two-handed voicings, rootless voicings, technical exercises and fingering, accompaniment styles, ear-training, discography (suggested listening). 28 pieces by the author appear alongside special arrangements of well-kwn jazz standards, including: Autumn Leaves * Fly Me to the Moon * In a Sentimental Mood * Mannenberg * On Green Dolphin St (Part 1) * Ornithology * Song for My Father * Straight No Chaser * Take the A Train. Also included are transcribed solos by Thelonious Monk and Horace Silver, an invaluable source of authentic jazz techniques.
- Author BiographyAfter classical piano lessons, Tim Richards began to teach himself jazz and blues from the age of 14. He is perhaps best known as the founder and leader of the modern jazz group Spirit Level , a band that has released seven albums and appeared at clubs and festivals all over Europe since 1979. In recent years, Tim has won acclaim as a composer and arranger, developing ideas in the larger musical instrumental setting of his new nine-piece band Great Spirit . Tim is also very active in Jazz education, teaching jazz piano, blues piano and improvisation classes at London's Morley and Goldsmith's colleges since 1991. He is a contributing tutor on the European Piano Teachers Associated Board, and has had pieces published in their Jazz Piano Syllabus and in the Rockschool Popular Piano syllabus.
- Author(s)Tim Richards
- PublisherSchott Music Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleThe Schott Pop Styles Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSchott Music Ltd
- Content Noteports
- Weight1089 g
- Width231 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.