All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring Maya Ritual Caves offers a rare survey and explication of most of the kwn ancient Maya ritual caves in Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize. The caves were the Maya underworld, where rituals, including animal and human sacrifice, were carried out. The Maya cave cult and mythology, construction and modification of the caves, and cult art and artifacts are discussed. Chladek, an intrepid explorer, then describes important caves that he has recently visited and provides photos of their wonders.
- Author BiographyStanislav Chladek, once a world champion whitewater kayaker, had a long career as a professor of chemistry, ran a business in Michigan importing English sea kayaks, and recently has studied Native American rock art and the Aleutian Islands, by kayak, in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution. In his latest research on the Maya, he was on occasion the first non-Maya to enter some caves.
- Author(s)Stanislav Chladek
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/07/2011
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight562 g
- Width164 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.