Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.15
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $17.47
- AU $29.37Trending at AU $33.20
- AU $14.72Trending at AU $15.31
About this product
- DescriptionOne hundred year old family recipes which have been passed on to each generation of a Mexican family. Over the years I have had many friends, family members and their friends ask for my family recipes. These family recipes were collected over many years. Many have been handed down plus each generation has added their own Mexican recipes as well as updated the family favorites with healthier alternative ingredients. Enjoy the Mexican cuisine and other family favorites! At times, very simple, sometimes more complicated - but always delicious! (c) Copyright 2009 All rights reserved. This book may t be reproduced in whole or in part by any process without written permission from the copyright holder.
- Author BiographyThe author was born in San Antonio, Texas and recently moved to the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in Alabama. EXPLORING MEXICAN CUISINE is a cookbook based on one hundred year old family recipes from Mexico. Many recipes and ingredients have been modified to be healthy and accessible to the modern American kitchen. This book includes traditional Mexican dishes as well as updated southwestern and Yucatan dishes like Green Chile Chicken Tamales, Pescado Vera Cruz (Fish Vera Cruz style), and comfort food like Arroz con Pollo (Chicken and Rice), as well as traditional cookies Polvorones. She loved cooking and baking, having begun her training at an early age. Sharon realized that many important events in life unfolded in the kitchen where food was always present. As a teenager Sharon had a fondness for writing, teachers and professors encouraged her writing endeavors. Her love of writing was planted early, her writing skills grew as she matured. Sharon worked for Express News newspaper in San Antonio, Texas in the eighties and wrote a few articles, she discussed writing a book about her grandmother and father's restaurant recipes and discussed what to put in the cookbook with family and friends. Abuelita's Kitchen has gone through many, many modifications, the first printing was in 2009 and the second printing completed in 2011. Sharon wrote this cookbook as a labor of love for her daughter Lauren, family, friends to capture her family's historical recipes but also to share her knowledge of Mexican cooking. In spring of 2008 she retired from IBM and now devotes herself exclusively to writing and philanthropic efforts to help the disadvantaged. She enjoys taking time to enjoy life with her husband and two dogs, she travels between her homes in Alabama and New Mexico, enjoys living a healthier lifestyle as well as continues to write cookbooks and short stories.
- Author(s)Sharon De Los Santos
- Date of Publication05/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.