All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title looks at the fascinating world of crocodiles, alligators, caimans and gharials, shown in over 180 exciting images. You can find out about one of the most ancient and deadly reptiles on the planet. You can see how crocodiles work, their different shapes and sizes, their teeth and senses, and how they interact. It is packed with over 180 stunning pictures from rewned wildlife photographers and artists. Detailed cross-sections and diagrams reveal the complex inner workings of a crocodilian's body. It is ideal for home and school use for 8- to 12-year-olds. It is the winner of the Key Stage 2 n-fiction category of the English Association's 4-11 Awards for best children's illustrated book. In the murky swamps of the world's tropical regions dwells a group of primitive but fearsome predators - the crocodilians. This exciting and informative book investigates every aspect of their lifestyles, and the differences between alligators, crocodiles, caimans and gharials. It reveals the gentle, nurturing side of crocodilian nature, and how they enjoy social get-togethers, as well as their lethal hunting skills. This is the perfect book to inspire young readers for school projects, home study, or just to learn for fun.
- Author(s)Barbara Taylor
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication05/03/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteover 180 pictures
- Weight531 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.