All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive guide to some of the most intriguing creatures in the animal kingdom, with over 220 pictures. It includes 24 information spreads that cover everything from spider eyes and fangs to hunting for food and shedding skin. Six focus features take an in-depth look at a particular family or aspect of spider life, such as tarantulas, spinning webs, and jumping spiders. Myth boxes explore legends and stories about these creatures from many cultures and ages. Did You Kw? panels provide quirky facts that will both amaze and amuse. It includes detailed cross-sections and diagrams that reveal the complex inner workings of a spider's body. It is ideal for home and school use for 8- to 12-year-olds. Loathed and feared by many, spiders are among the least understood and yet most fascinating creatures in nature. Using examples of these invertebrates from all around the globe, this exciting, eight-legged guide offers an insight into their captivating world. You can find out which spiders stalk their prey just like cats do, how spiders manage t to get caught in their own webs, and why the vem of certain species is deadly. You can discover their amazing courtship rituals, their astonishing use of camouflage, and much more besides.
- Author(s)Barbara Taylor
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication31/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteover 220 pictures
- Weight544 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.