Exploring Nonfiction with Young Learners by Darla Miner, Jill Zitnay (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $102.10+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $59.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionExploring Nonfiction with Young Learners explores the four basic nfiction structures that the youngest learners are most likely to encounter: descriptive, recount/collection, procedural, and explanatory texts. This book also includes information to help teach four, more complex structures that younger readers sometimes encounter during read-alouds: comparison, response, causation/cause and effect, and persuasive genres. This book is organized to help plan lessons using each type of nfiction structure. Strategies and suggestions for activities to use before, during and after reading are included. Templates and graphic organizers are also provided in order to facilitate planning, and offer additional resources. Detailed information about each text structure as well as mentor texts to illustrate each type is included. Text structures, as well as text access features, are defined and located in easy reference charts. Whole class and small group planning ideas are included throughout the book in order to allow for differentiation. Additionally, assessment ideas, sample think-alouds, lesson planning templates, and sample lessons with completed graphic organizers are included for each text structure.
- Author BiographyDarla Taylor Miner has been an educator since 1989. During her tenure, she has made curriculum and instruction a focus in order to increase student success, and has presented information on curriculum development at the State and National levels. Jill Zitnay's special interest in using research and data to make curriculum decisions, and inform teachers and improve student performance came out of teaching elementary and high school students for more than 20 years. This experience plus her undergraduate degree in special education and graduate degree in reading enable her to instruct students and other educators in CT and nationally.Jill's special interest in using research and data to make curriculum decisions, and inform teachers and improve student performance came out of teaching elementary and high school students for more than 20 years. This experience plus her undergraduate degree in special education and graduate degree in reading enable her to instruct students and other educators in CT and nationally.
- Author(s)Darla Miner,Jill Zitnay
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight394 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.