All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionRoutledge Introductions to Applied Linguistics is a series of introductory level textbooks covering the core topics in Applied Linguistics, primarily designed for those beginning postgraduate studies, or taking an introductory MA course as well as advanced undergraduates. Titles in the series are also ideal for language professionals returning to academic study. The books take an invative 'practice-to-theory' approach, with a 'back-to-front' structure. This leads the reader from real-world problems and issues, through a discussion of intervention and how to engage with these concerns, before finally relating these practical issues to theoretical foundations. Additional features include tasks with commentaries, a glossary of key terms, and an antated further reading section. Exploring Professional Communication provides an accessible overview of the vast field of communication in professional contexts from an applied linguistics perspective. It explores the nature of professional communication by discussing various fundamental topics relevant for an understanding of this area. The book is divided into eight chapters, each dealing with a specific area of professional communication, such as genres of professional communication, identities in the workplace, and key issues of gender, leadership and culture. Although the book's main approach to professional communication is an applied linguistics one, it also draws on insights from a range of other disciplines. Throughout, Stephanie Schnurr takes an interactive approach that is reflected in the numerous examples of authentic discourse data, from a variety of written and spoken contexts. Exploring Professional Communication is critical reading for postgraduate and upper undergraduate students of applied linguistics and communication studies.
- Author BiographyStephanie Schnurr is Associate Professor at The University of Warwick. She is the author of Leadership Discourse at Work: Interactions of Humour, Gender and Workplace Culture (2009).
- Author(s)Stephanie Schnurr
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleRoutledge Introductions to Applied Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.