Exploring Quantum Physics Through Hands-on Projects by David Prutchi (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $78.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuild an intuitive understanding of the principles behind quantum mechanics through practical construction and replication of original experiments With easy-to-acquire, low-cost materials and basic kwledge of algebra and trigometry, Exploring Quantum Physics through Hands-on Projects takes readers step by step through the process of re-creating scientific experiments that played an essential role in the creation and development of quantum mechanics. Presented in near chrological order from discoveries of the early twentieth century to new material on entanglement this book includes question- and experiment-filled chapters on: * Light as a Wave * Light as Particles * Atoms and Radioactivity * The Principle of Quantum Physics * Wave/Particle Duality * The Uncertainty Principle * Schrodinger (and his Zombie Cat) * Entanglement From simple measurements of Planck's constant to testing violations of Bell's inequalities using entangled photons, Exploring Quantum Physics through Hands-on Projects t only immerses readers in the process of quantum mechanics, it provides insight into the history of the field how the theories and discoveries apply to our world t only today, but also tomorrow. By immersing readers in groundbreaking experiments that can be performed at home, school, or in the lab, this first-ever, hands-on book successfully demystifies the world of quantum physics for all who seek to explore it from science enthusiasts and undergrad physics students to practicing physicists and engineers.
- Author BiographyDAVID PRUTCHI, PhD, is Vice President of Engineering at Impulse Dynamics. An adept do-it-yourselfer, he is dedicated to bringing cutting-edge experimental physics within the grasp of fellow science buffs. In addition to being the lead author of Design and Development of Medical Electronic Instrumentation (Wiley), he has published over 30 scientific publications and holds over 70 patents. SHANNI R. PRUTCHI is a high-school junior at Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. An avid science and engineering enthusiast, she conducts research with her father in the areas of radio astronomy and quantum physics.
- Author(s)David Prutchi
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/02/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width158 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.