Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA clear exposition of the Apostles' Creed by some of the world's leading scholars and preachers. A Creed in slow motion. No preacher should send his or her congregation home from worship with their heads hurting, but there is a growing sense that the Church could benefit these days from a revival of doctrinal preaching, the fundamentals of Christian belief. Where better to start than the Apostles's Creed . It was this conviction that brought together a group of the most outstanding theologians and preachers from the English speaking world to write this book. They include the Regius Professor of Divinity in The University of Cambridge (David Ford), the great and hugely lamented Professor Colin Gunton, Professor Frances Young from Birmingham and the Dean of King's College, London, Dr Richard Burridge. The authors are from different deminations and include Roman Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans and people from the United Reformed Church. The Apostles' Creed was chosen as the basis of this book because of its narrative structure, confessional character, liturgical familiarity and ecumenical appeal. It was formulated and adopted as doctrine at The Council of Nicea for the Universal Church. Anchoring doctrinal reflection on this historic creed can focus our faith and restrain our eccentric tendencies. Each chapter includes an essay and a sermon to assist exploration and proclamation of the Creed. The authors identify biblical sources, trace how the doctrine was perceived and interpreted in Christian history and reflects theologically on the confession for our turbulent times. As one of the contributors has written 'Before they counsel, instruct, warn or comfort, preachers must proclaim'.
- Author BiographyRoger van Harn is an American Presbyterial theologian and pastor. He was editor of the Three Volume Lectionary Commentaries published by Continuum. David Ford is Regius Professor of Divinity in The University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Colin E. Gunton,David F. Ford,Roger Van Harn
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/12/2005
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.