All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Camel Estuary is famous for its outstanding natural beauty. Its magnificent scenery varies from the wood-lined banks at its tidal limits to the open waters and exposed shores at its mouth, and changes dramatically with the state of tide and the seasons. This book explores the Camel Estuary, its diverse habitats, and the wealth of plants and animals they support. It introduces some of the people whose lives affect and are affected by the wildlife of the estuary.
- Author BiographyDr Michael Kent is a marine biologist. He has taught outdoor education and biology, and was Coastwatch Co-ordinator for the Nature Conservancy Council, organizing surveys of Cornish estuaries and beaches. He helped to set up the Centre for Applied Zoology at Cornwall College Newquay, and to design and run Foundation degrees in Zoological Conservation and Marine Aquaculture. He is the author of Food and Fitness; The Oxford Dictionary of Sports Science & Medicine, and Advanced Biology (all published by Oxford University Press), and co-author of the Collins Pocket Reference Biology. He was a contributor and adviser to The Oxford Dictionaries of Ecology, Zoology, and Plant Life. Adrian Langdon is a keen photographer, who specializes in nature photography, particularly wild birds in their natural habitats. In 1997 he was awarded an Associateship of the Royal Photographic Society (ARPS), and in 2002 a Distinction with the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (DPAGB) - both for Nature/Wildlife photography. He is the President and an active member of the Wadebridge & District Camera Club, and Chairman of the Cornwall Wildlife Trust Photographic Group. Many of his photographs have been published in local newspapers and magazines. Adrian is volunteer warden of the Walmsley Bird Sanctuary on the Amble marshes near Wadebridge, and a committee member of the Camel branch of the Cornwall Wildlife Trust.
- Author(s)Michael Kent
- PublisherAlison Hodge
- Date of Publication31/05/2007
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitlePocket Cornwall
- Place of PublicationCornwall
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlison Hodge
- Content Note137col.photos, 1 map
- Width153 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Photographs byAdrian Langdon
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $56.13
- AU $13.18Trending at AU $14.62
- AU $27.97Trending at AU $31.60
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.77
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.