Exploring the Crack in the Cosmic Egg: Split Minds and Meta-Realities by Joseph Chilton Pearce (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by af_books
- Est. delivery by 6 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this classic follow-up to his bestselling The Crack in the Cosmic Egg, Joseph Chilton Pearce explains the process of acculturation and the mechanisms that create our self-limiting cosmic egg of consensus reality. Laying the groundwork for his later classic Magical Child, Pearce shows that we go through early childhood connecting with the world through our senses. With the development of language and the process of acculturation t only do our direct experiences of the world become much less vivid but our innate states of rdinary consciousness become suppressed. Trapped in a specific cultural context--a cosmic egg --we are longer able to have or even recognize mystical experiences t mediated by the limitations of our culture. Motivated primarily by a fear of death, our enculturation literally splits our minds and prevents us from living fully in the present. Drawing from Carlos Castaneda's writings about Don Juan and the sense of body-kwing, Pearce explores the varieties of rdinary consciousness that can help us return to the unencumbered consciousness of our infancy. He shows that just as we each create our own cosmic egg of reality through cultural conditioning, we also innately create a crack in that egg. Ultimately certain shifts in our biological development take place to offset acculturation, leaving an avenue of return to our primary state. Pearce examines the creation of the egg itself and ways to discover its inherent cracks to restore wholeness to our minds, release us from our fear of death, and reestablish our ability to create our own realities through imagination and biological transcendence.
- Author BiographyJoseph Chilton Pearce (1926-2016) is the author of The Death of Religion and the Rebirth of the Spirit, The Biology of Transcendence, The Crack in the Cosmic Egg, Magical Child, and Evolution's End. For more than 35 years, he lectured and led workshops teaching about the changing needs of children and the development of human society. He lived in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
- Author(s)Joseph Chilton Pearce
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byThom Hartmann
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.