All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUntil the late 19th century the food industry was restricted to a few activities, usually based on small scale industries. The links between agriculture and food processing were very tight. Due to increased purchasing power, population growth and urbanisation, the demand for food grew substantially. This was t only the case for basis products as corn and potatoes, but also and especially for more expensive, quality products as meat, fish and dairy produce. These developments generated, together with the essential techlogical invations, the creation and development of modern food processing in specialized shops and factories. In only a few decades these industries transformed from an important complement to the primary agricultural production on the farms to a much comprising industrial business. At the end of the 20th century food processing has evolved into a modern, high-tech industry, dominated by a few large enterprises, offering a wide range of products. This volume aims to turn the spotlight on this often neglected but important link in the food chain.
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication19/02/2009
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationTurnhout
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintBrepols N.V.
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byErik Buyst,Jan Bieleman,Yves Segers
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.