All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new work, David Hansen extends and deepens a line of inquiry he set forth in his popular book, The Call to Teach. Hansen examines why the most important factor in the practice of teaching is the person who occupies the role of teacher. Drawing on classroom research, teachers' testimony, and a rich, historical tradition of philosophical reflection, Hansen crafts an original, highly accessible account that takes us to the moral heart of teaching. His is a straightforward, compelling vision of why teaching is essential in human life and why its rewards are special and distinctive. In an era of considerable political attack on teachers and teaching, this book vindicates the importance and vitality of what teachers do.
- Author(s)David T. Hansen
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.